Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Less is More

I was at the gym last week and just dragging. I decided to do my usual bike routine, but cut back on the intensity. I usually start at level 3, and wind up at level 16 or so. But I couldn't do it. So I just stayed at level 3. At the end of 45 minutes, I was shocked to see that I had burned more calories, and increased milage. Why? Because I was able to pedal faster without all that tension.

Why am I writing about my workout?

The parallels are there. To homeschooling. On some days, my son just can't do it. He doesn't have the emotional strength to handle learning. So, we take it easy. Work at level 3, or 2, or 1. Or on some days, not at all. Because we can. Because that's the point of home schooling.

Because, sometimes, that's the point of life.

Slow and steady wins the race. Less is more. Blah, blah. The point is, and I do have one, that there's just no need to push past the point of reason. Do what you can, when you can.

See, I told you there was a point. :-)

Peace out.

No comments: