Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pretend Play

AJ loves superhero and superhero action figures. I guess that's pretty typical for 8 year old boys. Normally, when we play with his actio figures, one of them is the bad guy (which I always have to be), and one of them is the good guy, and they fight. I have to do the sound effects, and I have to lose - because the bad guys always lose, right?

So, when he got out his new Batman (is that one word?) and Bruce Wayne action figures, I thought I knew what was coming. I could not have been more wrong.

"OK, Mama, you be Bruce Wayne. Let's pretend he is Batman's financial advisor."

WHAT?!?!?! Oh, yeah - financial advisor. And he's trying desperately to get Batman to make sound financial decisons. So I actually had to say things like this:

"Batman, I've been looking over my spreadsheets, and it is quite plain that you are spending WAY too much on capes. And black shoes. How many black shoes do you need?"

and:

"Batman, you need to diversfy your portfolio. Seriously - way too invested in companies that make masks and black material"

Yeah - I've got a million of them. And, for some reason, AJ thought these were all hysterically funny, and made me say them over and over.

I think someone's been watching too much Bernie Madoff coverage. Where does he come up with this stuff!?!?!

Peace out.

No comments: